Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Costumes Galore

I love Halloween costumes. I love thinking of an idea, and hunting through thrift stores, my mom's attic dress up, etc for the perfect pieces to a costume. Sadly, the hubby does not get as excited-but he will still dress up as long as he's wearing "regular clothes". (so no giant crayon or whoopie cushion costumes, darn!)

I start pretty early thinking of ideas-like mid September ish. I've already got plans for this year-as long as the hubby ok's it. ;)


Last year we were a couple of cow folk and our little herd of one-my daughter Sadie. Our costumes cost a grand total of $3 or something like that. We borrowed most of the pieces, and I got her cow costume for $1. Gotta love that!


The year before that, we were a family of candy. I know, we're wearing t shirts. Give me a break-I had a new baby. lol. Sadie was a Hershey's kiss. adorable!


One of my favorite costumes to put together was this Hannah Montana outfit! I shopped around trying to find the most rock star-ish clothes I could find, and then made my hubby a I Love Hannah Montana shirt. That was his costume-he was my #1 fan! (said so on the back of his shirt)


Our first year as a married couple we went as Daphne and Fred from Scooby Doo! I made my outfit, and found some blue polyester pants for Rory. We added a stuffed Scooby Doo toy and were good to go. It only made sense as a couples costume I think though....the next year I wore it to work and people thought I was a stewardess. haha.


Whoa! Follow me back to the early 90's will ya? We had some awesome costumes growing up-sadly none I could find in my photos. I'm the one in the white dress-fairy princess I think? Anyways-the best part is my wand-made from a fly swatter, cardboard, and tinfoil. My mom gets points for creativity for that one!

Well, hope you enjoyed my little stroll through costume memory lane. Obviously I'm not above posting embarrassing pictures of myself to get a comment or two. :D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What great costumes! I love the fam costumes.

Cindy deRosier said...

Awesome! I love the family costumes too. Fortunately, my husband doesn't limit me to 'regular' clothes... which means he's worn all sorts of silly stuff including the giant crayon costume. I get a huge kick out of seeing how outrageous I can make his costume before he refuses to wear it. He's getting off easy this year, as we are all going to be bees.

Cindi said...

OMG how cute are those pictures!
Thanks for sharing them, your hubby is sure a good sport!

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover